There are many choices for parents when it comes to choosing a daycare for their child. Daycares in Ladner, South Surrey, Tsawwassen and North Delta range from play-based daycares, home-based daycare, Waldorf programs and Montessori schools. The path you choose at an early age will affect how your child learns to learn.
Given the abundance in options, it can be difficult to decide what is right preschool experience for your child.
Here are some factors to consider when comparing Montessori preschool versus daycare options:
- Montessori preschool materials are specifically tailored to the developmental stage of your child
- Montessori offers a child-centred, individualized environment rather than a teacher-directed approach
- Montessori preschool facilitates learning through a multi-sensory, hands-on materials which capture the child’s imagination
- Learning is experiential and based on the development of practical life skills, social grace and courtesy, and preparing for the academic school years
- Social, intellectual and emotional development is emphasized in order to create a well-rounded individual in Montessori preschools
- The Montessori classroom has a range of ages so that younger children can learn from older children. Likewise the older children learn leadership and solidify their own skills as they teach their younger peers.
- Boundary Bay Montessori School’s preschool program cost is similar to many full-day daycare programs in Delta
- BBMS offers discounts for families with more than one child
The best way to decide which preschool program is right for you is to experience it firsthand.
We welcome you to come to our Ladner Montessori school location for a tour with our Academic Director.